Monday 10 October 2011

Week 11 - 2D

2. GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Feedback
Giving feedback on the effectiveness of your design process and concept communication PART 1 – 20 mins
Students present 2D exhibition designs and explain progress in the last week The GROUP gives verbal feedback on:

1. Effectiveness of design process 
2. Effectiveness of concept communication 
3. Progress in the last week
PART 2 - 10 mins Blog Each student post feedback on all other students in your blog


Billie 

Progress on my 2D design hasn’t been that great this week. I’m still at the stage of cleaning up design for print. I want to create very smooth lines before I do anymore stencils of my design and screen print it as its starting to get a bit costly buying more printing paper each week. So after this week I should be right to start doing up some final prints.
 Reference: Billie Mackie Week 11 – 2D





Josie
"My progress hasn’t moved so much as my design is final therefore all I have been doing is scrounging up materials for my 3D components and refining my logo lettering. I cant complete my logo as I want the materials I use for the 3D aspect to look the same as my 2D logo. Once I complete the 3D component then I shall finish the logo."
Reference: Josie Trayte Week 11 2D



Sunita
"In the past week I have made touch ups and modifications to my images. They have been put into appropriate format and have been handed over to Damien to print on the beast printer with semi gloss paper. Also I have researched framing companies that I can call to get quotes on having the prints applied to MDF and framed."
Reference: Sunita Murphy Week 11 2D




Warwick
I lost my Ai file for my MB Logo for 2D Design but I re-created it and added a couple of different types of grass. One using typical grass modified from google images and the second one was with Josie helping me to create a custom grass brush tool in Photoshop before dropping it into my new Ai file logo. It still looks a bit busy so I may have to simplify it to a few blades of grass so it can print. 
Reference: Warwick Brown Week 11 2D



PRACTICAL – Design Realisation
My design is coming along really nicely now and after spending what seemed like forever cleaning up my design ready for print i think its close to being finished. To create those soft curves I was after I spent alot of time in Illustrator eliminating unnecessary points so that it left lovely rounded shapes that were the branches of my tree. 
About halfway through the 'clean up'


No comments:

Post a Comment