Monday 12 September 2011

Week 7 - 3D

Practical – Design Communication

Choose one design from last week’s 2 sketched designs (sports & fashion)

Make a list of 2 key concepts you are trying to communicate

Make a list of 2 key feelings your trying to communicate

REFINE your design concept to communicate these 4 things
Prepare to present your communication skills to the class.
Upload all this content to your blog
2 Key Concepts
Contemporary & delicate

Pen sketch of my design with stencil frames

3D Design prototype - tree made from plastic corflute in box frame


2 Key Feelings
I want this design to make people feel inquisitive & unique.  

I changed my design to convey these feelings by giving it softer more rounded edges and gave it less branches. I still wanted it to look delicate so i still made the branches a little bit intricate.

From my sketch you can see that I have added small detailed frames. I would still like to use this idea of using a number of smaller frames to separate the tree and each frame will have a section of the tree inside. But to convey that contemporary look I would change the frame to a more simple modern style of frame unlike those that are shown in my sketch.

1 comment:

  1. Your idea is a beauty and well illustrated. More detail is need for a blog tick here though - same as 2D for this week. Good to get onto this now before the pace gets crazy.

    ReplyDelete