Monday 12 September 2011

Week 7 2D

Practical – Design Communication

DESIGN a headline & tagline draft for the student exhibition.

Make a list of 2 key concepts you are trying to communicate

Make a list of 2 key feelings your trying to communicate

REFINE your headline to communicate these 4 things
Prepare to present your communication skills to the class.
Upload all this content to your blog
 
2 Concepts
With my design I thought alot about the word 'Hotlands' in the tagline. I know it doesnt immediately look like a design which communicates sun, heat & land but I was more aiming at the idea of it looking like the relief from the hotlands. Being in Darwin during a hot day all I crave is a dark night with a cool breeze and I wanted to communicate those dark, hot nights with my design. So I tried to communicate the image of the moon in the centre of the '0' with the long grass silhouette in its light.
The 2nd concept I was trying to communicate was to be a bold design concept.
 
2 Key Feelings
I want people to feel cool, comfortable & attracted when they look at my design. I want it to convey a bit of relief from the hotlands of Darwin and make people feel like they recognise that feeling of being in Darwin on a hot night.

1 comment:

  1. Week 06 in 3D - still coming?

    Group scores missing from this week as well as sketches/designs that indicate you have addressed.....

    4.  REFINE your headline to communicate these 4 things

    ReplyDelete